IGN - It has its notable flaws, but Nolan ends his Batman saga with class.
This is year... man, so many great movies, can't wait to watch it!!!
Not reading this nananagoogoo
I can't wait. I get a press screening tomorrow, but it still feels so far away!
Jealous! I'm going with my brother on Tuesday night. Gold Class.
got my imax ticket, going to be a long week
I can, not, wait for the first showing at IMAX on Friday. This will be a monumental occasion in cinema. Thanks in advance for the incredible film Nolan!
Waiting till friday is taking forever :( was going to go IMAX until Cineworld attempted to sell me only half the tickets and then wouldn't let me book the other half I'd already technically had in my booking.... so Odeon I shall go to :p
Got Batman Begins/The Dark Knight double bill at the cinema tomorrow and then the 5AM showing of The Dark Knight Rises on Friday. Proper Batman week this week.
Cant wait this batman has become my favourite 3 sum of films (even though ive not seen the 3rd yet) which has over taken the matrix as my all time.
As good as it may be, the story still revolves around a middle-aged millionaire guy who dresses up as a bat and tries to stop poor street criminals who also like to dress themselves up in crazy costumes. There is only so far you can take a concept aimed at pleasing infants. Fantasy is great once it can create a believable world.
This is amusing coming from a guy with Sephiroth as a username.
Sephiroth doesn't dress up in a bat suit so what's your point? What FF7 have you been playing?
"Fantasy is great once it can create a believable world." What part of FF7 is a believable world?
"There is only so far you can take a concept aimed at pleasing infants. Fantasy is great once it can create a believable world." Your words... all fitting perfectly with the FF series.
haha, if u think the film, and its historyy is ALL about somethin as simple as u just laid out.. u are one nescient idiot. This film is aimed at a much older demographic than final fantasy. Now get off your high horse u ignorant fool.. Kettle black??
"Fantasy is great once it can create a believable world." Great to a very small minority that the industry can care less about. You aren't going to see a fantasy movie with a believable world any time soon.. You live in a generation where Sparkling vampires and Wizards make 95% of the money and the other 5% comes from Superhero films.
I never said it was bad. I just said that it is limited because of a guy in a bat suit. Clearly people are limited intellectually here. FF7 is believable in that the properties of its world and lore allow for the events of the story and for the traits of different entities in the world to be believable. In FF7's world, some people can be extremely powerful which explains why a party of powerful individuals that the player can control do amazing things and save the world. In Batman, Gotham city is based on Earth and there is no magic but the same limitations of the real universe. Yet this guy can single handedly save the city and do a better job than the cops. Not only that but in order to perform such great deeds, he must dress up as a bat and fight these mastermind criminals who also happen to have a fetish for crazy outfits. In the FF games, its universe's characteristics make it plausible for the stories to make sense. With Batman, that just isn't the case. Still enjoyable but this is a negative imo.
That batsuit actually looks pretty cool, other than the mask it could easily go for something from the League of shadows or whatever they are called, and the mask is for pure symbolism. You go on about nothing really, you still haven't explained how FF7 is more believable than Batman. Reno can put a magic pyramid around a character, Batman is rich so he buys his weapons, disguise, hideout, etc. Bane doesn't have a crazy outfit imo, everybody else, it's all about symbolism. I don't think people are intellectually limited here, they just don't agree with a fantasy world being more believable than a city where a disturbed vigilante takes matters into his own hands. Point is, if you can't get past a guy in an awesome batsuit fighting crazy criminals, don't see how you get past the lore and characters of FF.
Will be going next week, or early in the morning friday. If its crowded, I'll just wait longer
Looking forward to 21st, that's when i go see it with my Brother & the whole Friends & Family. We're Like 20+ people. It will be an Awesome Day.
Going to the Hollywood Arklight Dome to watch it
Cat woman looks cheesy in trailers. I miss 90s movies like pulp fiction,termintor2,speed,ms.do ubtfire,forrestgump. Todags movies suck in my oppion. Acengers sucked!
still haven't been able to see it, it's getting hard to avoid spoilers.
FilmWatch is a community of awesome people posting and discussing the latest movie news. It’s part of NewsBoiler, a network of social news sites covering today’s pop culture.