February is here and that means one thing in the movie world: Oscar Time! To celebrate this, we'll be returning our predictions contest. Of course, that's not all. This month will also kick off the scheduled re-releasing of the Star Wars saga in 3D (beginning this year with Episode I). Knowing we have a bunch of Star Wars fans here, we'll also be commemorating that event. So let's get to it.
We'll start it off big here. As I said, we're going to commemorate the re-release of Star Wars, so we might as well do it big. The Star Wars saga is the tragic tale of a man. A man on a path that eventually drives him to the Dark Side in an effort to save his wife. That is, until he finds redemption through his own son many years down the road.
So, what better way to commemorate the saga than by celebrating the man himself. In order to do that, we'll be giving one lucky person a Darth Vader photograph autographed by the man himself: David Prowse.
To win, all you have to do is be the top commenter for the month of February. Whoever has the most comments for the month (good comments, no spamming crappy comments) will walk away the winner.
Here the top two contributors for the month will walk away with cash prizes.
For this contest, there will be four weekly installments. Each Thursday, I will post 6 categories along with the nominees. You must make your predictions for who will win each category come Oscar night. The person who makes the most correct predictions will win $50. In the event of a tie, I will arrange a tiebreaker to determine the winner. All votes must be in by February 26th, 6pm EST.
You can find Week 1 here:
As you may or may not know, typically members are restricted to one prize per member. The Oscar Predictions contest does not factor into that limitation.
1. Only one prize per member. In the event that a member is eligible for multiple prizes, said member will be awarded the one prize of the highest value.
2. DVD prizes are for standard movies only. Box sets, special collector's editions or seasons of TV shows are not allowed unless otherwise stated.
3. Competition is open to all FilmWatch users, except for employees of HAVAmedia and immediate relatives. Contests are not limited to the US/NA.
4. Closing date is 11:59 PM EST 31st December 2011.
5. In the event of unforeseen circumstances FilmWatch/HAVAmedia reserves the right to substitute the prizes for alternatives of equal or greater value.
6. Spamming of comments, heat altering or cheating of any nature will result in disqualification from all contests for the month.
7. Prizes are not transferrable.
8. The winners of the competition will be notified by PM here on FilmWatch.
9. Failure to reply to PM notification within fourteen (14) days results in forfeiture of prize.