Hello Filmwatchers. First let me apologize for my scarce attendance over the last couple of weeks. With the holidays, a bit of vacation time, being sucked into the world of Skyrim, and battling the flu over the last few days, I haven't been around a whole lot. However, I should be back to full working order now.
Moving on, 2011 has been wrapped up and 2012 is finally upon us. That gives us a whole new year of big movies to look forward to. Here on FilmWatch, we're going to start the year off with a bang. The big bang will be in celebration of one of the biggest releases of the year.
For the biggest prize of the month, we'll be returning to the lottery format to give everyone a chance. This prize will look forward to arguably the biggest release of the year: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
The prize: A DARK KNIGHT RISES mini poster autographed by the man himself, Christopher Nolan!
How to win: Make 50 comments here on FilmWatch in the month of January and you'll automatically be entered to win. At the end of the month, a winner will be drawn randomly from the pool of eligible members. You can gain 1 additional entree for every 50 comments beyond the initial 50 (up to 5 entrants per member).
So, for less than two comments per day, you can get yourself entered to win a DARK KNIGHT RISES mini-poster autographed by Nolan.
The top two commenters for the month of January will also be rewarded. Each of the two top commenters will receive a copy of the book 1001 MOVIES YOU MUST SEE BEFORE YOU DIE. I actually own a copy of this and can verify what a great book this is for any movie buff with an appreciation for movies of all types.
As always, we'll be rewarding those who keep this site going as well. The top 3 contributors will be rewarded with Amazon gift cards.
1st place: $75 Amazon gift card
2nd place: $50 Amazon gift card
3rd place: $25 Amazon gift card
So there you have it. Happy hunting to all. And a happy new year as well. Also, just as a heads up, the nominees for the 2012 Oscars will be announced later this month (January 24th). So, keep an eye open for those because next month the OSCARS PREDICTION CONTEST will be returning since so many people seemed to enjoy that last year.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Only one prize per member. In the event that a member is eligible for multiple prizes, said member will be awarded the one prize of the highest value.
2. DVD prizes are for standard movies only. Box sets, special collector's editions or seasons of TV shows are not allowed unless otherwise stated.
3. Competition is open to all FilmWatch users, except for employees of HAVAmedia and immediate relatives. Contests are not limited to the US/NA.
4. Closing date is 11:59 PM EST 31st December 2011.
5. In the event of unforeseen circumstances FilmWatch/HAVAmedia reserves the right to substitute the prizes for alternatives of equal or greater value.
6. Spamming of comments, heat altering or cheating of any nature will result in disqualification from all contests for the month.
7. Prizes are not transferrable.
8. The winners of the competition will be notified by PM here on FilmWatch.
9. Failure to reply to PM notification within fourteen (14) days results in forfeiture of prize.