70°
Submitted by timmyp53 666d ago | news

‘Machete’ Producers Sue To Kill Robert Rodriguez’s Sequel

DL: Overnight Productions today said it wants to cut ties with Robert Rodriguez’s Quick Draw Productions over the rights to Machete Kills. If successful, the court action could stop the release of the film – which Open Road acquired for distribution from Quick Draw last month. The complaint filed Tuesday (read it here), the producers of 2010’s Machete are seeking to terminate the April 2012 agreement in which they granted director/producer Rodriguez the rights to make another action movie about the rogue Mexican Federale. The rights would revert back to Rick Schwartz’s Overnight. The plaintiffs are seeking $2 million in damages (Cinema, Machete Kills, Quick Draw)

StarWarsFan  +   665d ago
I wouldn't mind this movie being cancelled. It would be like a miracle.
MinimeJer05  +   665d ago
Hopefully this film sees the light of day.

Add comment

You need to be registered to add comments. Register here or login
Remember
New stories
40°

'Doctor Who' Star Matt Smith Joins 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies'

2h ago - Casting news that former Doctor Who actor Matt Smith will play the lead role in Pride and Prejudi... | Cinema
20°

Jack Huston To Star In Ben Hur Remake

2h ago - Boardwalk Empire and American Hustle actor Jack Huston is said to be starring as the title charac... | Cinema